Payment convenience… anywhere, anytime
Common Electronic Fund Transfer Switch (CEFTS) is a real-time fund transfer switch allowing customers to perform domestic interbank fund transfers real-time at their convenience.
HSBC customers can perform real-time fund transfers up to Rs2.5 million a day to other local bank accounts and credit cards via CEFTS facility on HSBC Online Banking1. In addition, HSBC customers can receive up to Rs5 million in to their banking accounts from other banks in real-time.
Click here(PDF) for the list of CEFTS member banks/financial institutions.
- Real-time fund transfers to other local bank accounts and credit cards 24/7
- Low fund transfer fees. Click here for tariff
- SMS confirmation will be received for both successful and declined transactions within 2 minutes since the transfer was initiated
- Transaction amount will be credited back to your account immediately in the event of the transaction was rejected by the beneficiary bank
- Set-up future dated or recurring transactions (standing instructions) through HSBC Online Banking
Steps to follow
Please follow below given steps to check your existing third-party transfer limits.
- Log-on to HSBC Online Banking via web browser.
- Click on "My banking" tab from the top navigation panel.
- Navigate to "Account services", click on "Online transfer and payment limits".
- Refer "Transfer to pre-designated payees" and "Transfers to other payees" for the existing third-party limit assigned for your online banking profile.
Your third-party transfer limits can be increased up to a maximum of Rs.2.5 million using following methods.
- Send a "Secure Message" via HSBC Online Banking (after logging in using an HSBC Secure Key). Click here to find out more about HSBC Secure Key.
- Duly complete the HSBC Online Banking Maintenance From and submit to your nearest HSBC branch or send to the following address.
HSBC Centre, P.O. Box 73, Colombo
HSBC Credit Card Settlement via CEFTS
As the newest member to a range of credit card settlement options available, HSBC customers can now settle their HSBC Credit Cards directly via CEFTS from other bank accounts, bringing the peace of mind of settling their HSBC Credit Cards at their convenience.
- Payments made up to 5:30PM on bank working days will be credited to the Cardholders’ credit card account in the next working day after 7:30AM
- Payments made during holidays and weekends will be updated on the following working day
- Click here(PDF) for the list of CEFTS member banks/financial institutions.