What is CEFTS?
- FasterCEFTS payments are sent to HSBC immediately (please refer notes for crediting time)
- Saves moneyMaximum charge per CEFTS transaction is LKR 30 irrespective of the value of the transfer. If your payment through a third party payment channel is over LKR 4,000, you will enjoy a saving from the difference of the fees you pay
- Saves timeNo need to withdraw cash and visit a HSBC branch or a third party payment channel and stay in queue to make the payment. Simply do it online from wherever you are!
- Easy trackingYou will have a digital record and confirmation of the payment
- SafeIt is health wise safe especially with COVID 19 since you can avoid crowded areas / staying in queues to deposit, and also you do not need to carry large amounts of money with you
- ConvenientCan transfer anytime from anywhere at your convenience
How to make a transfer
Pay via e-wallets
You could also settle your credit card bill via a mobile wallet of your choice.
Click here to find out more.
From another bank to HSBC Credit Card
Step 1: Log on to the online banking service of your existing bank (other bank) account.
Step 2 : Select 'CEFTS Credit Card transfer option' under the transfer option.
Step 3 : Select 'HSBC Head Office/ Fort/ 001' as the branch and key in your HSBC credit card number, amount and transfer – It's Done!
Warning ! Before making a payment, Please check carefully that the account numbers you provide are correct. The account name you provide will not be used or verified by us when processing your payment. If the account numbers are incorrect , you might pay someone else by mistake and may not get your money back. If you do not know the account holder or have been asked to make a payment urgently, Be aware of the risks of scams. More information and support on scams can be found on the local website. www.hsbc.lk/scams.
CEFTS member Financial Institutions
Frequently asked questions
How can I pay my credit card through another bank?
How much will I be charged?
Can I use my Credit card immediately for the value of the payment made?
Can I make the CEFTs payments on the due date any time during the day?
What option should I select to make the payment to the HSBC Credit Card?
What information should I enter or select when transferring money or saving the payee?
- All payments made will be updated under "Available credit" of the cardholders' credit card account, real time.
- Payment history ("Posting date") and the credit card "Balance" will be updated by the following working day.
- Payments made up to 5:30 pm on due dates will be credited to the Cardholders' credit card account as a same day payment.
- "Posting date" of payments made during bank holidays or weekends, will appear as the following working day.