What is CEFTS?
- FasterCEFTS payments are sent to HSBC immediately (please refer notes for crediting time)
- Saves moneyMaximum charge per CEFTS transaction is LKR 30 irrespective of the value of the transfer. If your payment through a third party payment channel is over LKR 4,000, you will enjoy a saving from the difference of the fees you pay
- Saves timeNo need to withdraw cash and visit a HSBC branch or a third party payment channel and stay in queue to make the payment. Simply do it online from wherever you are!
- Easy trackingYou will have a digital record and confirmation of the payment
- SafeIt is health wise safe especially with COVID 19 since you can avoid crowded areas / staying in queues to deposit, and also you do not need to carry large amounts of money with you
- ConvenientCan transfer anytime from anywhere at your convenience
How to make a transfer
Pay via e-wallets
You could also settle your credit card bill via a mobile wallet of your choice.
Click here to find out more.
From another bank to HSBC Credit Card
Step 1: Log on to the online banking service of your existing bank (other bank) account.
Step 2 : Select 'CEFTS Credit Card transfer option' under the transfer option.
Step 3 : Select 'HSBC Head Office/ Fort/ 001' as the branch and key in your HSBC credit card number, amount and transfer – It's Done!
CEFTS member Financial Institutions
Frequently asked questions
How can I pay my credit card through another bank?
How much will I be charged?
Can I use my Credit card immediately for the value of the payment made?
Can I make the CEFTs payments on the due date any time during the day?
What option should I select to make the payment to the HSBC Credit Card?
What information should I enter or select when transferring money or saving the payee?
- All payments made will be updated under "Available credit" of the cardholders' credit card account, real time.
- Payment history ("Posting date") and the credit card "Balance" will be updated by the following working day.
- Payments made up to 5:30 pm on due dates will be credited to the Cardholders' credit card account as a same day payment.
- "Posting date" of payments made during bank holidays or weekends, will appear as the following working day.