Simple access to your accounts
With our phone banking service, you can access a full range of automated banking services with the use of the Phone Banking PIN or an SMS OTP*. Enjoy convenient and hassle free banking service with simple access to your accounts and credit card information.
* SMS OTP is a one-time security code that is generated, which connects you to the phone banking service, in the event you do not possess the Phone Banking PIN. Your mobile number will need to be registered with HSBC in order to access this facility.
Call us now (between 7:00 am to 9:00 pm)
Do your banking anywhere
Stay in control of your finances easily with our mobile banking app. Whether you're checking your balances or setting up new transactions, the app lets you do your banking wherever you are.
How do I connect using the SMS OTP?
Step 2 - Select
Preferred Language: English | Sinhala | Tamil
Step 3 – Enter
10-digit Phone Banking Number
12-digit Account number
16-digit Credit Card Number
Step 4 – Choose
Press 1 to access using Phone Banking PIN
Press 2 to access using SMS OTP
Step 5 – Use
If you pressed 1, key in the 6 digit Phone Banking PIN to proceed with the Phone Banking facility
If you pressed 2, key in the 6 digit SMS OTP received by you, to proceed with Phone Banking facility
What you can do
Through our phone banking service, you can:
- Check your account detailsAccess your account(s) balance and debit/credit transactions, securely with a Personal Identification Number (PIN) or SMS OTP.
- Transfer moneyTransfer funds instantly between your accounts or to third party HSBC accounts.
- Pay billsPay your utility bills from wherever you are.
- Make paymentsMake payments to your HSBC Credit Card at anytime of the day from your HSBC account.
- Inquire RatesObtain latest exchanges rate and interest rates.
- Order cheque books or even make a stop cheque request
- Open Time Deposit accounts
Credit Card Services
- Check your credit card detailsAccess your credit card(s) outstanding balance, available balance, minimum payment due, due date and transaction history, securely with a Personal Identification Number (PIN) or SMS OTP.
- Make paymentsCheck your card balance, minimum payment due and the due date. Make payments to your HSBC Credit Card at anytime of the day from your HSBC account.
- Rewards PointsCheck rewards points available balance on your HSBC Credit Card.
- ATM and Credit Cards serviceActivate your HSBC Credit Card and report lost or stolen ATM and credit cards immediately.
What if the Phone Banking Service is locked?
Your Phone Banking service would lock you out after three (03) unsuccessful Phone Banking PIN entry attempts. However, you are able to activate the service by using your debit/credit card number and PIN.
You can transfer up to the following amounts per day using the Phonebanking service:
- Between your own accounts - Rs.1 million
- Utility bill payments - Rs.200,0001
- Transfers to third party accounts within HSBC - Rs.200,0002
To add your bill information kindly send a written request or call our 24/7 Customer Service Hotline on +94 11 447 2200.